Well, it’s Friday! It’s shaping up to be a beautiful sunny weekend here in the Northwest.
I wanted to share a couple gifts that I’ve found around the internet that would be good for Graphic Designers. I’m planning to do a sequel to this post about gadgets, so don’t get too upset that there isn’t an iPad or Wacom tablet on this list. Think of the items below as birthday gifts or stocking stuffers. Cute little things to make a designer smile.
Sources: (from L to R)
Monad iPhone Hardcase from Gelaskins. $34.95
Type Nerd Temporary Tattoo from TATTLY. $5.00 (set of 2)
Browser Sketch Pad from UI Stencils. $13.95 for 1, $33.48 for 3
Pantone Mugs (Mixed Blues) from Pantone. $90.00 for the set
Sans-Serif t-shirt from turnnocturnal. $20.00
Clé USB from byamt. Price upon request.
For this Friday’s Pinterest post, I wanted to share some of my favorite free fonts. Each should be used in its own way, so don’t go using Homestead when you write papers or anything.
Good free fonts can sometimes be hard to find, but if you look in the right places, you can find a gold mine. I tend to look at places like Lost Type Co-op, MyFonts, and Font Squirrel. Below you’ll see six of the free fonts that I have really enjoyed. Hope you like them too!
Villa Didot by Sascha Timplan
Homestead by LUKE LISI
Lavanderia by JAMES T. EDMONDSON
Museo Slab by Jos Buivenga
Jolly by Sebastian Losch
Wisdom Script by JAMES T. EDMONDSON
Its time once again, for some Pinterest love. This Friday I’m highlighting some cool refreshments that can be found on my board “Delicious Food.” This week has been so unexpectedly sunny, and its gotten me in the mood for some tasty summer drinks/treats. I hope to try all of these by summer’s end!
1. DESSERT RECIPE: LEMONADE STAND POPSICLES from Somewhere Splendid
2. Fruity Frozen Vodka Slush Recipe by Elizabeth Anne Designs Living
4. Orange-Ginger Margarita by Delish
5. Corona Beer Popsicles by Bakers Royale
6. Riesling Strawberry Slushies by With Style & Grace
Its time for some Friday Pinterest love. For those of you who don’t know what Pinterest is, visit their site here. Today’s post is from my board titled “Beach Love“. The beach is one of my favorite places to be. Since the weather isn’t ready for sunny beach weather, I decided this would be an appropriate week to focus on it here.
Sources from right to left:
2. “It is perhaps a more fortunate destiny to have a taste for collecting shells than to be born a millionaire.” by CarolynsHope
3. *beach* by brownies and butterflies
4. Beach Love by Sherrie St. Hilaire
5. Kauai Sunset by Heather.Mitchell
6. From the Lake Effect blog by Alex.